Aegyo sal is your secret weapon when it comes to making an unforgettable impression.
Here’s a tutorial on how to accentuate Aegyo Sal and wield that power!
What is Aegyo Sal?
Aegyo Sal refers to the subtle puffiness under the eyes that becomes more pronounced when a person smiles. The term “Aegyo Sal” translates to “charming/cute skin” in Korean or charming/baby eye fat. It might not sound great, but it works for some.
Unlike Western beauty standards that often emphasize a smooth under-eye area, Aegyo Sal is considered attractive and youthful in Korean culture.
Aegyo Sal presents a positive and friendly facial expression, contributing to the overall charm and cuteness of a person’s demeanor. It also makes your eyes look livelier and inviting.
In the realm of makeup, people apply light eyeshadow, highlighter or glitter under the eyes to enhance their Aegyo Sal, making the eyes look bigger and brighter.
How to Create Aegyo Sal?
Say goodbye to concealing under-eye bags with too much concealer and foundation! Accentuating the area under your eyes will give you that coveted playful and approachable appearance! Here’s how to create beautifully shaped, clear, and vibrant eyes that stand out.
To highlight the soft, plump area beneath your eyes, you’ll need the following:
- An eye shadow palette / highlighting tool and brush for shading
- A natural, light shade with a little glitter and pearl in it works perfectly for this look. Or, you can use light brown and a shimmery champagne pink.
- Begin by concealing any dark circles – delicately dab and blend concealer under your eyes.
- Smile to bring out the pudge, determining where to contour.
- Highlight the Aegyo Sal with a bright eye shadow with fine pearl.
- Apply a matte pink shadow on top to tone it down. Or, add shimmer with a glitter product.
- Use a cotton swab to blend boundaries.
- Softly draw on light brown pencil or shadow to contour beneath eye pudge to enhance the depth of your eyes, then blend seamlessly.
- Voila! You’ve finished your charming aegyo sal makeup! Give this fantastic makeup tip a try to rejuvenate tired eyes for a more youthful and vibrant appearance!
Note: The order of steps doesn’t matter much, as blending is the key. If one aegyo-sal is larger than the other, contour according to what’s naturally there.
Achieving the aegyo-sal look is surprisingly easy and quick, taking about a minute per eye and resulting in a visibly more cheerful appearance.
exclusive info on Korea
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this article that provide us a small commission at no extra cost to you. We only endorse the best software and products we use ourselves. Find out more about our code of ethics.