Welcome to our blog!
We’re Minjung and Richard, a Korean and an American who love sharing cool facts about Korea!
We made some interesting career choices before starting a business and ultimately this blog.
- Majored in Journalism at Inha University in Incheon
- Studied in Hawaii and San Jose as an exchange student
- Worked at Hilton Hotel in the Executive Lounge
- Worked as a restaurant supervisor in Singapore
- Worked at a P.R. company in Seoul
- Worked as a project manager at the largest translation company in Korea
- Is bilingual in Korean and English
- Has a B.A. from U.C. Irvine in Criminology, Law and Society
- Lived in South Korea for 10 years
- Worked as an actor, interviewer, marketer and ESL teacher in Korea in a variety of industries
- Has traveled to over 50 countries and lived in 20 of them
- Is fluent in Korean and has taught the language to others
After all that we met and started a translation business in Seoul in 2013.
How we started our blog
While doing research for translation projects, we noticed the lack of info on Korea. So, we began creating helpful content on our blog to promote our business.
Now we enjoy writing about Korea more than translating.
Our goal is to fill in the knowledge gaps about Korea with this blog.
When we’re not traveling around Korea, we’re analyzing pop culture, fostering animals and finding the perfect country to live in.
We hope you enjoy our site!
Minjung, Richard and the team