Looking for the best Korean translation service?
Not sure what should be included with professional Korean translation?
Finding reliable Korean and English translation services is hard.
It seems like every company has a slightly different procedure.
We’re here to clear things up.
This guide will arm you with vital knowledge when it’s time to choose a service provider.
Korean translation should be simple.
You hire the most reputable company and your project is a success, right?
The problem is every translation company claims to be the best at every language pair.
After a decade of being both clients and service providers, we’ve seen that Korean and English translation is where they fall short.
The two languages are night and day, including their cultural backgrounds.
Since our company is owned and operated by a native Korean and English speaker, we understand the nuances between the languages.
We know that working with the best Korean translator is not enough.
A native speaker in both Korean and English are needed to provide the highest quality.
And Lingua Asia stakeholders are involved in every step of the process.
We even developed a system of collaboration between native translators that is beyond ISO 9001 quality control.
Our procedure has been refined over the past 10 years.
The result is Korean translation that doesn’t miss a beat, while sounding natural.
When you’re too busy to jump through the hoops, you can count on us to deliver flawless work.
- Characters: spaces, letters, numbers and punctuation
- Character count: number of characters
- Words: written combination of characters representing meaning
- Word count: number of words
- Sentence: combination of words that comprise a statement or question
- Page: number of words or characters that comprise one page, usually 250 words or 700 characters
- Page count: number of pages based on word or character counts
- Translation software: any program designed to speed up or make the translation process more efficient
- Exact match: a sentence that is a 100% match with a previous one
- Fuzzy match: a sentence that is a less than 100% match with a previous one
Why are pages calculated this way?
Font size and formatting can be changed to manipulate how many words are on a page.
By counting the actual number of words or characters, you can get a standard amount of content on a page.
How do I get Korean translation service?
We believe simplicity is the highest form of sophistication.
Our procedure is designed to be efficient as possible, while providing quality translation.
The procedure below shows the extent of your involvement. There are more steps on our end.
1. You send us a file.
2. We provide a quote.
3. You confirm the quote by sending payment along with terminology or references you’d like us to use.
4. We translate, proofread and review the file in house.
5. We deliver the file on time.
6. You check the file and provide feedback if there is any.
What is your procedure for Korean translation service?
- Once you send us a file by email, we provide an accurate quote
- After you confirm, we have a meeting on how best to handle your project
- We upload your file into OmegaT translation software to organize it and make sure nothing is missed
- A professional translator with a minimum 5 years of experience translates using online research tools and
- It’s proofread with tracked changes so they can be discussed
- Then it’s reviewed by both a Korean and English speaker together to ensure balanced translation
- We use Ginger Software to smooth out the writing
- We run a spelling and grammar check to catch any errors we might have missed
- A native English speaker reads the file once more to make sure it flows and sounds natural
- Finally, it’s delivered to you on-time and complete
How does Korean to English translation service work?
Since you will be starting with a Korean document, word count will be calculated differently.
Most companies will use character count.
This can be found on MS Word documents at the bottom left corner. Click the word count and a box will appear.
There you can see the character (with spaces) field.
Some companies will use translation software for a more detailed count.
They can see the number of matching lines and fuzzy matches (matches that are not exact).
How does English to Korean translation service work?
Since you will be starting with an English document, page count will be calculated by simply using the word count.
This can be found at the bottom left hand side of an MS Word document.
Korean Industry Experience
Korean work culture is known for being very intense.
Koreans work the highest number of hours per year.
As a result, Korea has one of the most robust economies in the world.
It has the 5th largest export economy and the 6th most complex economy, according to the Economic Complexity Index(ECI).
Providing translation services in this environment can be demanding as well as rewarding.
After 10 years of translating for top 10 companies in Korea, including Samsung, LG, and Hyundai, we’ve seen it all.
Doing business in Korea can be challenging, but choosing Lingua Asia Translation will make it easier.
We translate, proofread and review documents in house.
We provide high quality English and Korean translation services to numerous entities including cosmetic, finance and pharmaceutical companies as well as legal firms, government offices and tech giants.
We also handle the localization of software and websites to and from Korean.
Korean Document Translation Services
We have extensive experience translating Korean documents in most file formats including Hangul Word Processor(HWP), MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel (for PDF, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator formats, additional editing fees may apply).
We excel at translating Korean documents into English as well.
Korean Cosmetic Translation
Cosmetics companies were our first major clients.
K-beauty is one of the more robust industries and has a lot of demand for translation.
They need their documents promptly and error-free since they often present them directly to buyers.
The stakes are high and a single typo can be the difference between a million dollar deal or “we’ll think about it”.
We developed many good habits while working with these companies, such as punctuality and clear communication.
Some of the projects we worked on are:
- Korean cosmetic translation of marketing materials such as presentations, brochures and blogs
- SNS including, Instagram and Facebook posts as well as tweets
- Contracts and supplier agreements
- Meeting notes
- Research articles
Korean Legal Translation
We are always excited to perform legal translation.
Since details are so vital in this field, we can further show how we excel compared to the competition.
We scour every inch of contracts multiple times to make sure nothing is overlooked, since there is no room for error.
Any ambiguity can cost our clients big time in the future, so we always go over unclear clauses with them.
We pride ourselves on never having a client issue with our legal translation.
Our experience includes:
- Korean legal translation of commercial contracts, employment contracts, distribution agreements, sales agreements and company statutes
- Regulations, lawsuits, complaints and letters of intent
- Patent and IP document translation
- Terms and conditions
Korean Technical Translation
Technical translation is a broad category that covers anything requiring a technical or scientific background in both source and target languages.
Lingua Asia Translation has had the privilege of being involved with pill press manufacturing and power plant projects.
We always try to explain terms clearly and objectively to help readers perform a predefined task.
We provide a wide range of high quality Korean technical translation services.
- Korean Translation of patents and patent applications
- Technical drawings and engineering documents
- Technical manuals, user guides and web content into Korean
- Equipment catalogs, data sheets and schematics
- Scientific and white papers
- Technical E-learning modules for online use
Korean Medical Translation
Medical translation requires the utmost care given the sensitive nature of its subject matter.
Lives are at stake and one error can cause irreparable harm.
Unfortunately, Korean medical translators with experience in western and eastern medicine are hard to find.
Lingua Asia Translation provides a wide range of high quality Korean medical translation services for some of the world’s leading companies.
We have worked with dental implant and pharmaceutical companies as well.
Our experience also includes:
- Korean translation of clinical, regulatory, and technical documentation
- Clinical trial materials such as clinical protocols, clinical study agreements, patient diaries, drug labels and inserts
- Medical devices including operating manuals and user guides
- Localization of medical software
- Brochures and web content
- Medical bulletins
Korean Patent Translation
With the rise of globalization, international patents are more important than ever.
Korean patent translation is a vital part in gaining legal protection for corporate IP.
We have translated the following:
- Patent claims
- Legal documentation relating to a patent dispute
- Descriptions and drawings
- Prior art/abstracts
Korean Energy Translation
Korean Solar Energy and Photo-voltaic Technology are among the best in the world.
We especially love working in this field, because it is so cutting edge.
Also, we can contribute to a cleaner and more habitable planet for all life.
We have had the privilege of translating many types of content for this industry.
- Korean Solar Energy company profiles
- Marketing material
- Website content
Korean Product Manual Translation
Korea has a very dynamic consumer culture.
Products from all over the world can be found in stores there.
We have helped many international companies enter the Korean market with clear and concise product manuals.
What Korean translation services we provide
It’s important to know what you’re getting before you buy.
Here are the services included with every project we deliver:
- Personal project manager to provide you with consistent service
–Tired of the run around? Get one point of contact to simplify your life
- Free Quote in plain terms to clarify what you are buying
– Not sure how translation costs are calculated? We make everything transparent so you know what you’re paying for
- Accurate deadline and word count to save you time and money
– Need results on time and on budget? Get files before your deadline
- Sample of our previous work (upon request), so you know what you are getting
– Afraid to buy something for the first time? Check out our quality before you commit, so there are no surprises
- Customization when you provide terms or a document you would like us to use as a guide
– Does your industry use unique terminology? We can incorporate terms and follow styles seamlessly
- Translation by a professional translator (minimum 5 year’s experience) in your field, so nothing is missed
– Worried about translation quality? We’re careful about who we work with, because we want happy clients
- Proofreading by a native speaker in your final language for translation that sounds natural
– Don’t have time to proofread? We include it in every project, so you can rest easy
- Collaboration between the translator and proofreader for the perfect balance of accurate and natural translation
– Don’t want translation that sounds like it was done by a machine? We make sure your documents are made for humans, by humans
- Internal review by company stakeholders to guarantee your translation is ready for use
– Tired of average quality? Our company founders check every file, so you don’t have to
- On time delivery so you can focus on what you do best
– Worried about deadlines? We make sure you get your files on-time
By providing these services with every translation project, we make Korean translation easy.
Thank you for reading!
Lingua Asia Translation brings together thousands of years of Korean and English linguistic history for you.
We hope we answered all of your questions.
Send us a file and get started today!
More helpful articles on Korea
Korean corporate titles can be very different from their English counterparts. Make sure you understand them before doing business in Korea.
Translation isn’t always fun and games. Here are some times it went really wrong.
North and South Korean are changing drastically. Here are some interesting ways they differ.
Korean tariffs and customs regulations change every few months. Here are some important differences this year.
Doing business in Korea is hard. Here are some important tips to help you succeed.
Finding good translation resources is hard. Here are some ways to choose the correct one and get consistent quality.
Translation is an unappreciated industry. Here are the top blogs that shed light on the subject.
Want to learn more about Korea? Check out these interesting facts!
Interested in Korean drinking games? Want to make Korean friends fast? Here are 21 popular Korean drinking games!
Bored at home? Looking for some new k-dramas to watch? Check out these binge-worthy dramas on Netflix approved by a Korean!
Korea has had an exceptional response to the Coronavirus. What’s their secret? Find out here!